PLEASE READ BEFORE REGISTERING: The spring season runs approximately April 15 - June 9 . While we understand that players have other activities and commitments during the lacrosse season and will have to miss an occasional practice or game, at the U-12 and U14 boys levels, we do recommend that lacrosse be your #1 sport priority during the season and an attendance policy will be initiated at these levels. We have found that lacrosse and other sports such as baseball, soccer and hockey do not coincide well together. With waiting lists at all levels the last two years, we would like to have players who are committed to playing lacrosse be given priority on our teams. Thank you for your understanding and support.
1. Once you have read this page, scroll to the bottom of the page and log into your Sports Engine account or if you are a new user, create an account. Fill out the on-line registration forms. We will not be having an in-person registration night so all registration must be done online and payment received prior to February 28, 2019. After February 28, a late fee of $25 will be assessed and placement on a team is not guaranteed.
Please note it is possible teams could fill prior to February 28th as we have a limited number of teams and spots. If you plan to play, please register as soon as possible.
2. The Chargers are currently registering boys and girls ages U8-U14 (grades 1-8) who reside and/or attend school in the Duluth and Two Harbors, areas. This includes public or private schools. Superior players of all ages should register with Superior.
If you are unsure where you should play lacrosse, here is a link to a helpful chart to show you where to play.
3. During the registration process you will be required to provide your US Lacrosse membership information. The site will direct you on how to obtain or renew a membership. It will not allow you to proceed through registration until the player's US Lacrosse membership is current for this season.
4. You will also be required to submit player and parent information, health insurance information and sign on-line consent forms.
5. Fundraising is mandatory this year. There is a $100 fee which goes to purchasing 5, $20 coupon cards that can be sold by families. You will keep money from the cards that are sold. If you wish to earn additional money for lacrosse , additional cards can be checked out at the kick off event and sold . $10 of each card sold will be kept by the seller. Prizes will be available as an incentive to sell extra cards.
6. New U8 boys and any new girls at all levels that register before February 15 receive a $50 discount. New players are players that are new to the Chargers Lacrosse Organization.
7. Please note that your player will not be able to participate in any lacrosse activities until the on-line registration form is completed, US lacrosse membership is obtained and all registration fees are paid.
8. Coaches and Volunteers needed! Coaches are needed this year, especially at Boys U8 and U10 levels and all levels of girls teams. Training will be provided. Volunteers are also needed for board positions, managing teams and equipment. Please consider and sign up later in this registration.
|Level of Play||Grades||Returning Player Reg Fee||New Player Discount through 2/15||Mandatory Fundraising Fee*|
|*Max of $200 per family. Fee covers purchase of $20 coupon cards which can be sold|
Registration Fees*: Player fees are noted on the table above.
Volunteering: All families will be expected to help during the season during games with timekeeping, score keeping, and other game related tasks. We are also running our first ever weekend tournament in Duluth June 7-9, 2019. The tournament will be a big opportunity to build a fundraising foundation that will make it possible to forgo things like the pizza fundraiser or coupon cards. In order to run a successful tournament, we will require a large volunteer effort from lacrosse families. Volunteering for the tournament will be MANDATORY. We understand that some families will be out of town or have multiple commitments that weekend. There will be opportunities to fulfill your volunteer requirement by doing organizational activities before the actual tournament. If you know you will be unable to volunteer the actual tournament weekend, please consider volunteering for pre-tournament organizational activities. In addition to these duties, there are other volunteer opportunities we need help with. Please review the list during registration and choose the tasks you can help with.
Fundraising: There is a mandatory fundraising fee of $100. At the kick off event, for the $100, you will receive 5 coupon cards that can be sold for $20 each. You will keep the cash from the 5 mandatory cards. There is a maximum fundraising fee of $200 per family. If you would like to further defray your lacrosse expenses, additional cards will be available to check out at the Kick Off Event that can be sold for $20 ($10 profit to the family selling). Prizes are also being offered as an incentive to sell additional cards. Additional fundraising information is available here.
*Fees do not include gear, or annual US Lacrosse Membership dues; both of which are needed to play. (See the Required Equipment page on our website for more information on player equipment)
Fees also do not include travel expenses.
US Lacrosse Membership is required, as it provides additional liability insurance. All renewing members MUST renew now regardless of expiration date. Your US Lacrosse expiration date must be valid through August 2019.
US Lacrosse Membership fees are paid directly to US Lacrosse:
$30 - Players under the age of 15
Register with US Lacrosse here.
The Chargers summer league is for U10 - U14 boys that have played in the spring season or have prior lacrosse experience. The summer league tournaments that teams participate in are competitive and we look to the summer league as building upon the growth started in the spring season.
If kids are in grades 1 to 6, with little to no lacrosse experience, the better program is for them to play in is the summer YMCA program. Current Charger U8 players should join the Y program to further develop their skills over the summer. Click the link to find out more details on the Y summer program.
The registration fee for is $150 with a $25 discount if you register at the same time as the spring season. (Please note we will only have one team at each level so teams will fill quickly)
U10 Boys - 3rd or 4th Grade (2018-2019 school year)
U12 Boys = 5th or 6th Grade (2018-2019 school year)
U14 Boys = 7th or 8th Grade (2018-2019 school year)
Teams will start practice the week of June 17th. Practice nights are TBD but will likely include one Monday or Weds evening and one Tues or Thurs evening. (For example, last years practices were held on Monday and Thursday evenings.) The summer lacrosse season will end July 15.
All teams will participate in two tournaments. They are:
Centennial Summer Sizzle – June 21-23
Woodbury Black & Blue – July 12-14
Please contact Kelly with any questions about registration.
Please direct any questions regarding this registration to:
Select an option to continue with the registration.